We understand there is currently a lot of uncertainty in life due to the recent spread of COVID-19 and the measures that have been put in place to limit this spread. Accordingly, we wanted to communicate with you a couple of important messages.
Update on non-essential travel
Following recent government advice about non-essential travel, Summerstar Tourist Parks will stay open, but are actively discouraging non-essential travel in our Parks.
From our understanding, ‘essential travel’ includes:
- Work related travel for essential services;
- Overnight accommodation for travellers returning to their place of residence;
- Accommodation for travel based on compassionate grounds;
- People requiring self-isolation but that are not displaying symptoms of COVID-19;
- Travellers with no permanent place of abode requiring a safe play to bunker down during this crisis.
Summerstar Tourist Parks to remain open
The decision to remain open was taken as:
- There are currently a number of travellers with no permanent place of abode that need a place to stay during this crisis;
- A number of permanents call our parks home and we have a duty of care to these guests to be open and maintain our facilities;
- The health and safety of our staff, our guests and the communities in which we live is our priority (if they are not in a clean and safe environment, the spread may be worse);
- The next few months are going to be very tough for us, as it will be for all Australians.
As a state and as a country, we will get through this together.
In order to ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff, we are offering the option of Contactless check-in.
If you would like to exercise this option, please contact the park directly. Our team will process your booking, provide you with a key and map of the park and place it in an envelope in our after-hours box at the front of the office.
No deposit required on bookings
We also do not require a deposit or full payment for bookings at this time. Due to the pandemic and the unforeseeable upcoming weeks, we will not ask for a deposit or full payment at this time, allowing you to book with confidence. We only ask for your payment details to verify your method of payment. We will perform a temporary authorisation hold of $0.01 (1 cent) against this card. Full payment will be taken at your check-in in the future.
We recognize that the COVID-19 virus has required all of us to be more mindful of hygiene as we go about our regular activities. As an organisation, we are mindful to ensure that we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning from the World Health Organisation and the various local government departments. For the latest information, please refer to the WA Department of Health Website.
At an organisational level:
- We have always used the highest commercial grade cleaning supplies and continue to do so;
- We have rotated in some new cleaning chemicals with disinfectant as well as some new cleaning practices to ensure we are the benchmark in cleanliness;
- We have significantly increased our cleaning schedule on our ablution blocks and commonly used areas, paying attention to handles, taps, food reparation areas and frequently-touched surfaces;
- We are keeping our staff informed with regular updates on the spread of COVID-19 and safetly advice/recommendations from the WHO and the Australian Government;
- Our staff are practicing social distancing and are working in various teams which are in isolation from each other during this crisis.
What can you do to help?
- If your travel is for non-essential purposes, please remain at home;
- Please elect for Contactless check-in where possible;
- Sneeze and cough in to the small of your elbow;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water;
- Stay home if you feel unwell or display symptoms of the flu;
- Maintain personal space with staff and other guests.
Have a current booking?
If you are currently booked to stay at one of Summerstar Tourist Park’s WA locations within the next 60 days, please contact the park directly to discuss your options.
We would also like to assure you that we understand the trust our customers place in us and take this responsibility seriously. These measures are designed to protect you and our staff, as well as the communities in which we belong.