Looking for a stress-free romantic getaway this Valentine’s Day?
While some couples enjoy a trip over east or even overseas for their romantic getaway, Western Australia is home to some of the most romantic locations in the world. So rather than having a stressed holiday by air, book a staycation in Western Australia and visit some of our favourite rural destinations.
Pair your romantic getaway in Western Australia with a delicious Valentine’s Day dinner and you’re sure to have a trip to remember.
Go on a Couple’s Retreat to Jurien Bay
Jurien Bay is not only a popular holiday and fishing destination, it is also an ideal romantic retreat. Look for a seaside location and book your stay right on the beach, so you and your loved one can take a romantic stroll in the moonlight. Or you can just lie back in your deck chair and watch the beautiful sunset as the ocean shimmers in the foreground.
While you’re there, enjoy dinner at one of these amazing restaurants:
- Murray St. Grill: Murray St. Grill is perfect for couples who want to enjoy fresh local seafood fare, juicy steaks and mouth-watering burgers. The restaurant also serves delectable salads, sides, desserts and an assortment of beverages. They implement eco-friendly practices that may resonate with couples who are passionate about going green.
- Sandpiper Tavern & Pizzeria: Enjoy a laid-back dinner at Sandpiper Tavern & Pizzeria – the ultimate pizza lover’s paradise. They also have a regular lunch and dinner menu featuring some continental favourites.
- Jurien Seafoods Fish and Chips: When you’re all about fresh and tasty seafood prepared in the most authentic way, you can always grab some fish and chips at Jurien Seafoods Fish and Chip. Grab your food and head down to the beach to enjoy an amazing sunset and the calm sea breeze. After all, romance is not just about the venue but the company you keep. Dig in and enjoy your Valentine’s Day dinner of fish and chips.
Book a Romantic Valentine’s Day Dinner in Kalbarri
Nature-loving couples will surely love the rugged Kalbarri shoreline which features great views of the stunning Indian Ocean. Nestled in the midst of the Kalbarri National Park and just a few steps away from the Red Bluff beach, this is the ideal romantic destination for you and your loved one this Valentine’s Day.
This magical place not only offers picturesque views of gorgeous sunsets but also allows you the opportunity to witness the majesty of migrating whales and playful dolphins. There are endless things to do in Kalbarri.
While you’re there, be sure to try out some local culinary stars:
- Red Bluff Bakery Café: Indulge your sweet tooth together at the Red Bluff Bakery Café. Famous for their decadent cakes and pies and delightful pastries, this café also serves great coffee and has a hot menu if you’re hungry for something more. While it might not be the best spot for a Valentine’s Day Dinner, head to Red Bluff Bakery Café for a morning coffee with your loved one on February 14th.
- Upstairs Restaurant: Delight in the classy yet cosy atmosphere of Upstairs Restaurant. Famous for serving the freshest, tastiest seafood this side of WA, you can’t go wrong by indulging in a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner date here while on your romantic getaway.
- The Grace of Kalbarri: Hankering for some spicy Indian cuisine? Head to The Grace of Kalbarri, and delight in their assortment of authentic Indian curries, and extensive menu. This restaurant is sure to spice up your night!
- Gorges Café: Stop off at Gorges Café for a Valentine’s Day breakfast or lunch. Murchison River is located just over the road, so enjoy your Valentine’s Day morning with a relaxed coffee and bite to eat with river views.
Take a Romantic Drive Through Geraldton
A Valentine’s Day date at the Geraldton waterfront won’t be complete without enjoying the breathtaking and local attractions in the area. Offering both land-based and waterside activities, Geraldton is the perfect venue to fulfil your adventure fantasies together.
Take a romantic drive through Chapman Valley and experience the vibrant farm land, canola crops and wildflowers. Stop in for lunch at the Burnt Barrel Brewery with relaxed pizza for dinner at L'italiano in the Geraldton town centre.
After you’ve had your fill of fun and excitement, head out to these local culinary gems:
- Smokin’ Grill and Burgery: Offering the best gourmet burgers, salads, ribs and hotdogs, Smokin’ Grill and Burgery is the best place to indulge your burger cravings.
- Salt Dish: The Salt Dish is famous for only serving set meals, so be sure to head to this place with enough tummy space for their scrumptious food. They’re actually known to serve a mean pork belly and avocado sandwich. Head to Salt Dish on Valentine’s Day for breakfast or lunch.
- Gone Fishing for Fish and Chips: Seeking a more laid back Valentine’s Day dinner with some classic fish & chips? Gone Fishing for Fish and Chips in Geraldton is just the place to go. Get a couple’s serving and head down to the beach to enjoy the amazing Geraldton sunset on your romantic getaway.
Go Wine Tasting in Margaret River
Offering a diverse menu of activities to choose from, start your romantic getaway with wine tasting in the Margaret River region. Here, you can explore local wineries and breweries, take a long scenic forest drive, explore Mammoth Cave and go on a river cruise. There’s so much to do so there will never be a boring moment!
After wandering about Margaret River, be sure to dine at these fine restaurants:
- La Scarpetta Trattoria: Enjoy wine and cocktails with pasta made fresh daily and prepared with locally sourced ingredients. It’s the best of Italy, right here at Margaret River, sure to impress your loved one during your romantic getaway.
- Arc of Iris: This unique cocktail lounge and restaurant will give you both a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner to remember. With a menu ranging from cheap small plates to local free-range cuts of meat, you’re sure to find something on the menu to tickle your taste buds.
- Voyager Estate: For a fancy Valentine dinner, take your significant other to Voyager Estate. Serving all organic, full course meals, and locally produced wines, be sure to reserve ahead to experience their unique offerings.
- Burger Baby: Located right in the Margaret River town center, stop off at Burger Baby for some of Western Australia’s best burgers. With a huge selection of burgers on the menu, Burger Baby is perfect for couples seeking a naughty Valentine’s Day dinner treat.
Explore the Natural Wonders of Tom Price
For couples into adventuring, hiking and the great outdoors, Tom Price is a great destination for an exciting Valentine's Day celebration. Take a hike and explore Mount Nameless (Jarndunmunha), have a picnic by Kings Lake and drop by the Karijini National Park.
Located in the far north of Western Australia, stop in at a few Coral Coast locations along the way to extend your romantic getaway.
Once you’ve had your fill of adventuring, satisfy your food cravings at:
- The Pickled Bean: This rustic bakery and café is a great option for your Valentine's Day breakfast (though lunch would be a great idea too). They serve only fresh homemade food that’s also reasonably priced (and delicious).
- Red Breeze: Ideal for big groups but also great for couples, the Red Breeze specialises in serving an eclectic all-Asian menu, wine and other beverages.
- Crave Juice Bar: Enjoy refreshing smoothies after a day of adventuring at Crave Juice Bar. They also serve wraps, muffins and great coffee.
Book Your Romantic Getaway Today
Western Australia certainly has a lot to offer couples who want to make the most of their Valentine's Day getaway, and the listed locations here barely scratch the surface. There’s so much more to explore and so much more to do.
But whichever destination you choose, be sure to book early to avoid the Valentine’s Day rush. This way, you can rest easy knowing you’ve done your prep, and all you need to do is to wait for the big day and enjoy it.